19 Oct Boo!
by Sharet Espinal
There are many events going on this month: Breast Cancer Awareness, Smile Day, and Mental Health Week to name a few. But there is one that we’ve all enjoyed since childhood: Halloween! Halloween brings everyone together with movies, decorations, and most importantly for kids, candy; a nightmare for dentists!
One of the best ways to celebrate Halloween is by watching some Halloween classics with friends and family. Classics like
- The Nightmare before Christmas by Tim Burton
- Beetle Juice by Tim Burton
- Casper by Brad Silberling
- Hocus Pocus by Kenny Ortega
- Halloweentown (a good one to watch with the grandkids) by Duwayne Dunham
- The Worst Witch by Robert Young
Also, check your local movie theater as there is a high chance they might be showing some of your favorite throwback Halloween movies.
If you are in the mood for a good scare and prefer something more interactive, here is a list of some haunted houses in Miami Dade and Broward that is good for kids, too
- House of Horror Haunted Carnival
- Panoria Miami
- Spooky Adventures
- Curtiss Mansion
- Ghost Tours Miami
- Distorted Dreams Haunt
Get candy, grab your coziest blanket, get spooky, and have a boo-tiful Halloween night!!